Perched on the rim of the collapsed volcano, the Ngorongoro Crater, a world heritage site, often referred to as the eighth wonder of the world. It has the most magnificent views over the crater floor, which is home to vast herds of buffalo, wildebeest, zebra, the rare and endangered black rhino, elephant, cheetah, leopard, lion and herds of gazelle and wildebeest.
The Ngorongoro Sopa lodge is located on the eastern rim of the crater. This strategic location accords it some of the most spectacular views across the collapsed crater which is home the densest population of wild animals in the world and also hosts the endangered black rhino species.
• 170 Kms from Arusha (4 hrs by road)
• 40 minutes flight duration to the air strip
• 45 minutes drive to the lodge from the air strip
• 96 spacious rooms
• En suite bathrooms
• Heating for the rooms
• Conference facilities
• 24 hr 240 volts from generator
• Baby sitting services
• Private access road to the crater floor