The Finch Hattons Camp Tsavo West is neatly tucked at the foot of the Chyulu Hills with the Mount Kilimanjaro standing tall at the background. The camp is named after the aristocrat, Denys Finch Hatton. He was one of Kenya's great adventurers. He devoted his life to exploring the wild in style. In his camp, dinner was served on fine china with silver and crystal, while the gentle strains of Mozart played in the background. Here in Tsavo, where he lived and died, This tradition has been kept alive at the Finch Hattons Camp.
The camp surrounds a natural freshwater spring, flowing through three crystal clear pools; with tents along the water's edge Yellow barked Acacia Xanthophlea trees surround the tents.
The Finch Hattons Camp is located in great African wilderness. Finch Hatton's lies at the heart of Tsavo West National park, part of Kenya's single largest game reserve. The camp is 55 minutes by air from either Mombasa or Nairobi.
Facilities and Services
The Finch Hattons Camp Tsavo is set on 35 acres at the foot of Chyulu Hills. The Finch Hattons Camp land remains unfenced allowing wildlife to roam and wander at pleasure. The ecology at Finch Hattons is closely monitored by wildlife specialists. The camp accommodates up to 50 people, in large safari tents with twin beds.
facilities, wash basin and generous slate walled shower room, both complete with hot and cold running
water. The hot water at the camp is solar heated. All tents have electricity supply of 220/110
• The Finch Hattons main lodge comprises of a dining hall, bar, lounge and terrace, where breakfast is
served overlooking the main Hippo pool against the magnificent Mount Kilimanjaro back drop. Adjacent
to the lounge is the mezzanine library.
• Dinner is a formal 6-course meal served in the main dining room. The waiters dress in traditional Kanzu
and Fez, the traditional snowy-white tunic that servants wore in the colonial period but which are now
worn with pride. The cooking is accomplished and indulgent.
• Swimming pool is available for those who want to sun bathe and relax under the equatorial sun.
• All walks are accompanied by armed rangers from the Kenyan Wildlife Service.
• There is a gift shop selling a range of high quality books and gifts, and is open throughout the day.
• The camp has its own 1200 by 30-meter airstrip, which can accommodate the scheduled or private air
Kenya Safaris and Holiday highlights at the Finch Hattons Camp and Tsavo West National park by Essenia Safari Experts; Kenya Wildlife Holidays and Safaris, Kenya Flying Safari packages, Bird watching in Kenya, Cultural Safaris, Photography Safaris and Beach Holidays at Kenya Mombasa.