Located within panoramic views of the stretching savannah into the beautiful unspoilt African horizon, this magnificent lodge is silhouetted against the untamed backdrop of the Mutamaiyu Mugie ranch. This is a privately owned ranch spanning 49,000 acres and strategically tucked 300 Kms north of Nairobi. The ranch is home to varied biodiversity with acacia woodland, indigenous olive forests, semi arid savannah and numerous game including large herds of elephant, buffalo, white rhino and the big cats. The ranches domesticated animals are in peaceful co existent with the wildlife.
The ranch is backed by a careful and unique blending of the wilderness hosting ranching, agriculture, conservation and tourism.
The ranch employs the locals from nearby villages who assist with the ranching activities and a reforestation project. The local children attend the nearby school set up by the ranch owners.
Located 300 Kms north of Nairobi, the ranch is only 5 hrs by road and 80 minutes via flight. The ranch has two airstrips and charter flights are readily available from the capital city – Nairobi.
For your comfort
• Four large Ronda vale cottages with sweeping views and fireplaces.
• Lavish bathrooms with bathtubs and pressurized showers.
• Warm heated swimming pool with a gazebo and shared with a family of parrots.
• Main house with luxurious lounge, dining area, veranda and patio.
• A comfortable seclude hide overlooking the much visited waterhole.
• Comfortable landcruisers for the game drives.
• Reliable generator supplied electricity.
• Telephone available
• Experienced nanny for baby sitting.
• Day and night game drives.
• Tracking the collared lions
• Picnic and bush meals.
• Camel treks and camping
• Walking safaris
• Clay pigeon shooting with a 25- bird course at a special hilltop club house
• Cultural safaris with visits to the Manyattas, an event hosted by the local Samburu and Pokot tribes
• Day trips to the sacred mount Lesiolo and a protea forest overlooking the riftvalley.
• Painting safaris